The BIUST library is a vibrant centre designed to support teaching and learning by providing services and products that enhance critical thinking and research skills. The library provides study areas for the users, consisting of traditional quiet study areas, open plan area, computer rooms and discussion rooms. It offers an environment that is both stimulating and relaxing for the users. The well trained and dedicated library staff is always on hand to provide the users with tailor-made services including among others, orientation for new users, reference service, inter-library loan service, and training on information literacy skills. This ensures that the user’s BIUST library experience contributes to lifelong learning.
After registering as a student and receiving a BIUST student card, please visit the Library to activate your student account at the Library circulation desk.
Always bring your BIUST student card when you visit the Library. You will not be allowed to borrow any books without it. Please do not lend the card to anyone.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed in the Library
- Cell phones are to be muted
- Animals except guide dogs are not allowed in the Library
- Damage to or loss of Library material, books, periodicals etc, must be compensated for by the person responsible
- Please ensure that any Library material you wish to take is properly issued to you
- Please make sure that you take all your belongings
- Research collection:- books, periodicals, multi-media, e-books, electronic journals and databases
- Dedicated quiet study areas
- Group study areas
- Inter Library Loans
- Course reserves
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Research help: Library staff will help you find the best resources for assignments, projects and research papers.
|Academic Staff||8||4 months|
Using the Library
About the Library
|Monday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM - 10:00 am|
|Thursday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Sunday||02:00 PM - 08:00 PM|
During Public holidays the library is Closed
Through gaining experience in various economic periods team able to identify the best opportunities.