Applying to BIUST
BIUST is an exciting place to study at and live in. As a home to international students from more than fifteen countries, you will find it hospitable and friendly. Applying to study at BIUST has been simplified for international students. Prospective International students may download application forms from the website, request for them through email@example.com or through mail at Enrolment and Admissions, Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Private Bag 16, Palapye, Botswana.
International applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Application fee receipt
- A certified copy of BGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent, accompanied (if not in English) by a certified official English translation
- Certified copy of a valid Passport and Birth Certificate
5.Certified copies of additional official documents (e.g. post-secondary school certificate,transcript, professional registration certificates, certifying letters from examining bodies, proof of change of name,etc)where appropriate.
Complete application forms and supporting documents can either be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted through the mail below: Enrolment and Admissions Office ,Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Private Bag 16, Palapye,
VISA and Study Permit Requirements
Once you have been accepted to study at the Botswana International University of Science and Technology, you need to have the following to apply for a study permit with the Botswana immigration office:
- Certified copy of valid passport (valid for at least the period of the programme offered)
- Certified copy of Birth certificate or Passport
- Complete Immigration application form
- Proof of payment (deposit receipt for tuition fees)
- Study permit fee of P1500.00 and P500.00 VISA fee for non SADC residents
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover tuition fees, subsistence and incidental costs (in the form of a bursary/scholarship, or bank statement and/or supporting letter)
- Medical report (forms are available at Immigration offices).
- Admission Letter, stating the duration of the programme offered
- Four (4) passport size photos (background should be white)
Upon arrival in Botswana, you must be in possession of your valid passport and admission letter and other relevant supporting documents which might be requested by the immigration officials at the border. Shuttle services and taxis are available at the Sir Seretse Khama International Airport to transport passengers to the Gaborone bus rank where they can board a bus to Palapye.
From Palapye bus rank one can take a taxi to BIUST campus.