Advances in engineering and technology have led to dramatic improvements in the standards of living of humans over time. Well-designed roads, bridges and highways, magnificent skyscrapers and huge mansions in cities and towns, posh cars and planes, smart phones, television, sophisticated medical devices, etc. make life safer, more comfortable and enjoyable than the stone and iron age men.Engineering and technology form the backbones of any economy and generally deal with the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of public, industrial, commercial, consumer products, systems and infrastructure. The Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) at BIUST is poised to be the pacesetter in engineering education in the South African sub-region in particular and to be ranked among the best in the world in general.
Our key Goals
- To be a world-class centre of excellence for engineering and technology education and research seamlessly integrating research and education to produce highly skilled professionals.
- To position Botswana as a knowledge hub by enhancing socio-economic growth through engineering and technology innovations.
- To provide globally-competitive and high-quality education, based on a theoretical, experimental, and ethical foundation, and enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, industrial internships, and interdisciplinary studies thus producing entrepreneurial and employment-ready graduates with globally-relevant skills.
- To establish and continually evolve interdisciplinary, collaborative research and development capability in relation to the major technological drivers for economic growth.
- To educate students to be innovators, with capability to grow technology and related enterprises in Botswana and the world.
- To continually consult relevant stakeholders in industry and government thus ensuring teaching and research activities address economically useful developmental problems.
- To establish international centres of excellence in Energy Research, Information & Communications Technologies Innovation, Mining & Geological Engineering Research, Manufacturing, Petrochemicals, Engineering Education, and Transportation Engineering Research.
Join us at Faculty of Engineering as we push the boundaries of Engineering to ensure a better society for humanity.