The mandate of Pre-university Academic Programmes is to do outreach and Engagement the critical roles of which include but not limited to:
- Creating public awareness and Appreciation of science and Technology thus Oversight, Advocacy, Participation and Facilitation of the creation of the federation of STEM actors in Botswana.
- Coordination of university wide community and Industry engagement efforts
- Building the capacity of the engagement efforts of the faculty, Staff and Students
- Coordination and facilitation of the development and implementation of engagement initiatives by the university with mutually beneficial outcomes for both community and the university
- Communicate and advocate for activities that exemplify the meaning of engagement
- Measure, assess and report on the impact of engagement.
The programmes and activities that the Directorate puts in place to achieve all the above should be such that the limited resources that the university can allot the Directorate are prudently utilized, fit for the purpose.