The University is dedicated to finding ways for students to participate in programs that build them holistically. Services, support and opportunities are available to all students to provide a more holistic educational experience. Experiential and reflective venues including service learning programs, volunteer programs are offered. Students are encouraged to reflect on their learning and development that is occurring throughout their time at the University-to be “authors” of their life experiences.
Objectives of Student Leadership programs
- To inspire young men and women to seek or accept leadership responsibilities as part of their contribution to society.
- To increase awareness of current and emerging leadership challenges in both sports and clubs.
- To provide a proper learning experience for student leaders integrating professional education and on the job training.
- To provide students with learning opportunities to develop and enhance individual talent.
- To reward and recognise the desired leadership behavior displayed by young leaders.
Nature of the programme
Different leadership workshops and trainings are organized for different Student Leaders within their respective clubs, societies and sporting activities
- Management and leadership principles
- Personal Development
- Conflict Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work Ethics and etiquette
- Leadership qualities and skills
- Effective communication
- General responsibility and financial accountability
General student community is encouraged to join student clubs and sporting activities and take up leadership roles in and outside class programmes for them to be well recognized as active student who contribute meaningfully to branding of the University.