OUR VISIONTo create an environment where there is a beneficial, effective and indispensable interaction and relation between the BIUST community and Palapye community.
OUR MISSIONTo initiate unity where stakeholders can work together to inspire and impact change to the people of Palapye.
- Promote unity by working with fellow SRC members
- Get students engaged in outreach programs
- Create internal activities to promote interaction between students
- Create a lot of activities aimed at touching the lives of our community
- Collaborate with organizations in Palapye
OUR PLANS FOR THE MINISTRY
- The ministry is planning to start student exchange program from next semester. As BIUST has already partnered with universities overseas which means when our students visit their university they will provide everything for our students and when their students come to BIUST we provide everything for them. This makes it easy for BIUST to start student exchange programs. Regarding the travel expenses and other small expenses for students, we will cover up that by looking sponsors such as ISSA & BITC which can help sponsor our student exchange programs. Also there will be a certain amount of money which will be paid by the students themselves.
- The ministry is planning to work with the ministry of Entertainment to host cultural events, international seminars & conferences. Also BIUST will be internationally active by traveling to different countries to take part in research & innovation projects, international seminars and conferences.
- As we know BIUST is an international university but has hardly any international students. The ministry together with the Student Affairs department will be travelling to different countries such as India, China, South Africa, USA etc. to attract more students and get them to study at BIUST. For these travelling expenses we will look forward to talk to BITC to help sponsor us and other international organisations in Botswana which can help us attract more sponsors.
- We are in talks with spar and other companies which can provide special discounts to students who do groceries shopping and electronics (phones, tabs, laptops). This will help students save money and more students will be attracted to BIUST as it is providing such facilities for students.
- As we know our students get frustrated and stressed after the semester is done. The ministry is planning to organise trips to different countries but on an expense of students. This will also help us attract more students to come study at BIUST.
- The ministry will be part of almost every event e.g commonwealth day, cultural day etc. This means that the university will be a participant in such days and will be giving a contribution to the world.
- This is the plans which are currently being worked on by the ministry of International Affairs. The ministry will talk to the minister of external affairs and Minster of Immigration department of Botswana to allow more room on visas and permits for students or universities travelling to Botswana to visit BIUST.