OUR VISIONTo create an environment where there is a beneficial, effective and indispensable interaction and relation between the BIUST community and Palapye community.
OUR MISSIONTo initiate unity where stakeholders can work together to inspire and impact change to the people of Palapye.
- Promote unity by working with fellow SRC members
- Get students engaged in outreach programs
- Create internal activities to promote interaction between students
- Create a lot of activities aimed at touching the lives of our community
- Collaborate with organizations in Palapye
OUR PLANS FOR THE MINISTRY
- Identify areas of need in Palapye and surrounding areas (Non-profit organizations). Visit them and announce our presence as BIUST and our willingness to help wherever we can. (SOS Children’s Village, House of Hope, Kopano Rehabilitation Foundation, Itsoseng Banana Trust, Mmabana Trust). Plan a schedule for visitations, at least every month the community outreach group volunteers their time. This point also incorporates forming relations with local organizations such as the VDC.
- Currently BIUST has adopted schools under its care them being; Lotsane senior, Mabogo junior and Khurumela primary. Identify and approach a school for the tuition program as well as form a tuition group that would be responsible for offering tuition services. The target groups should be form 3’s and form 5’s and the proposed time schedule would be every fortnight. Create incentives for the students who volunteer their time in the form of free food on the days of tuition.
- Continue the Clean Your Closet campaign and include the community of Palapye. Boxes can be set up in various places (such as Shops, Kgotla and Filling stations) to allow for those who can to donate. Relevant people should be contacted for permission for such an event. The expected time frame would be the month of June. Posters would be needed for community awareness. From there the receiver for this donation would be chosen and a handing over ceremony would follow.
- Donate books to the Palapye community
- Create a day of interaction with the people of Palapye. A day where we can showcase the knowledge we acquire here in school in the form of experiments and models. This will benefit the school because it gives exposure and gets people interested. We can incorporate junior and senior schools’ maths and science clubs to showcase their knowledge also and create a competition for them.
- Festive holiday party for a particular home/shelter/orphanage. This would include food, presents for the kids and entertainment. This event is expected to take place around November/December.