Dr. Selepeng is a researcher in applied geophysics at the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences in the Faculty of Science. He joined BIUST in 2016 after successfully completing the BIUST Fellowship program in Akita, Japan from 2009 to 2016. He specializes in Electrical and Electromagnetics methods in geophysics with emphasis on geophysical inverse theory and regularization problems. Currently his work is focused on coding 3D modelling and inversion software for small loop electromagnetic systems.
- Doctor of Engineering (Dr.Eng.), Applied Geophysics, (2016) , Akita University, Japan
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Applied Geophysics, (2012), Akita University, Japan
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Geology, (2009), University of Botswana, Botswana
- Member of Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- Member of Society of Engineering and Environmental Geophysicists (SEEG)
- Member of Society of Exploration Geophysicists-Japan (SEG-J)
- Geophysical Exploration, Research methods in Earth Sciences
Primary Research Areas
- Geophysical mineral exploration, Hydrogeophysics, Environmental, Engineering and Archaeological geophysics.
Potential Research topics
- Geophysical data analysis, remote sensing applied to mineral exploration and airborne electromagnetic data processing.
Current Research Projects