- PhD Title: Petrology of micaschists and retrogressed eclogites form the Hohe Tauern (Austria) and of ultrahigh-pressure eclogites and their country rocks from Dabie Shan (China)
- Habilitation in Metamorphic Petrology (2004), University of Graz, Austria
- PhD in Metamorphic Petrology (1999), University of Salzburg, Austria.
- MSc in Metamorphic Petrology (1989), University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- Mineralogical Society of America
- Mineralogical Society of Germany
- Mineralogical Society of Austria
- Botswana Geoscientists Association
- Mineralogy and Mineral Microscopy
- Research methods
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Geology of Southern Africa and Botswana
Primary Research Areas
- High- and ultrahigh-pressure metamorphism
- Mantle rocks and diamonds
- Evolution of the Earth’s Crust and Mantle
Potential Research Topics
- Diamond genesis.
- Archean crustal and Mantle evolution (e.g. Zircon tomography of the north-western Kaapvaal Craton.)
- Optimization of diamond recovery processes.
Current Research Projects
- Understanding the Growth Environment of Diamond in the Earth’s Mantle
- Deep diamonds and the problems of their recovery.