PhD topic: Cheliceral morphology of Solifugae (Arachnida): primary homology, terminology, and character survey.
- D. in Bioagricultural Sciences (Systematics) (2015), Colorado State University, USA.
- Sc. in Systematics and Conservation (2002), University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Sc. (Hons.) in Entomology (2000), University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- E.D. (Higher Education Diploma), University of Pretoria, South Africa (1988)
- Sc., majors in Botany and Genetics (1988), and in Entomology (2000), University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- British Ecological Society (BES)
- International Society of Arachnology (ISA)
- African Arachnological Society (AAS)
- Entomological Society of Southern Africa (ESSA)
- Zoology, with focus on Invertebrate Biology
- Genetics & Evolutionary Biology
Primary Research Areas
- Arachnid systematics (comparative morphology, revisionary taxonomy and phylogenies based on molecular and morphological datasets)
- Evolutionary and Ecological patterns and processes with application in agricultural systems and biodiversity conservation.
Potential Research Topics
- Biodiversity evolution, ecology & conservation
- Solifugae (Arachnida) systematics
- Management of free-tail bats in mixed anthropogenic-natural environments as sources for insect pest management in Botswana: metapopulation dynamics, prey utilization, and faecal genomics. RI Grant, 12/2017 – 12/2018, P200,000; as PI
- Identification and characterization of scorpion (Arachnida) and centipede (Chilopoda) venom. RI Grant, 10/2017 – 10/2018, P200,000; as co-researcher
- Genetic and plastic adaptation to environmental change in the social spider Stegodyphus dumicola. 2016 – ; collaborative research with Aarhus University