- Rodrigo S. Jamisola Jr. received his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of the Philippines-Diliman, M.E. degree (research-based) in Mechanical Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 2001, M.Sc. Degree in Wlectrical and Computer Engineering from Colorado State
- University in 2006, and Ph.D. degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from De La Salle University-Manila in 2009. He joined De La Salle University as an Asst. Professor in 2008 and Toyota Motor Philippines as R&D Manager in 2011. He was a Post-doctoral Research Fellow at Daegu-Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea, and then at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Genova, Italy. He is currently a Sr. Lecturer at Botswana International University of Science and Technology. His research interest includes control of combined manipulators, machine learning, numerical optimization, and human-machine interfaces.
- PhD in Robotics (2009), De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines.
- MSc in Robotics (2006) , Colorado State University, U.S.A.
- MEng (Research) in Robotics (2001), National University of Singapore.
- BS Mechanical Engg, University of the Philippines, Diliman.
- Member, IEEE
- Member, ASME
- Robot Motion Planning
- Machine Learning
- Modelling and Simulation
- Linear Optimization
Primary Research Areas
- Holistic control of combined manipulators
- Modellig emotion through machine learning
Potential Research topics
- Modular robot kinematics and dynamics for combined manipulators
- Machine learning to model addiction
- Animal herd behavior identification
- Robot Exoskeleton for rehabitilitation
Current Research Projects
- Lower-limb Robot Exoskeleton for Enhanced Human Mobility, Status: On-going, Cost: USD 30k, Duration: 2 years