THEME: “FUELLING SOCIO-ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION THROUGH STEM AWARENESS AND INNOVATION”
The public is invited to the Virtual National Science Week and STEM Festival 2021 scheduled for September 6th – 10th. This event aims to unite efforts of educational institutions, industry and local communities in creating an environment of mutual sharing of results and experiences to the benefit of Botswana.
In addition to the main theme, the National Science Week/STEM Festival 2021 is based on the sub-themes provided;
- Inspiring the youth through interactive STEM.
- Building Botswana’s STEM Talent through Digitalisation for Economic Transformation.
- Addressing gender disparity in STEM.
- STEM Innovation and Application in the Advancement of Indigenous Knowledge.
- To promote public awareness, appreciation and understanding of Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation nationally.
- To stimulate interest in STEM subjects at primary and secondary school level.
- To expose the public to scientific and technological advances.
- Provide a platform for showcasing research and innovation products with a view of exposing commercialisation potential to entrepreneurs.