THEME: “FUELLING SOCIO-ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION THROUGH STEM AWARENESS AND INNOVATION”
The public is invited to the Virtual National Science Week and STEM Festival 2021 scheduled for September 7th – 10th.This year’s National Science Week and STEM festival will be hosted by BIUST in collaboration with the Ministry of Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (MoTE) and other Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) oriented public institutions, universities and departments from 6 th to 10 th September 2021. It is a virtual event due to the Covid-19 pandemic.This event aims to unite efforts of educational institutions, industry and local communities in creating an environment of mutual sharing of results and experiences to the benefit of Botswana.
In addition to the main theme, the National Science Week/STEM Festival 2021 is based on the sub-themes provided;
- Inspiring the youth through interactive STEM.
- Building Botswana’s STEM Talent through Digitalisation for Economic Transformation.
- Addressing gender disparity in STEM.
- STEM Innovation and Application in the Advancement of Indigenous Knowledge.
- To promote public awareness, appreciation and understanding of Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation nationally.
- To stimulate interest in STEM subjects at primary and secondary school level.
- To expose the public to scientific and technological advances.
- Provide a platform for showcasing research and innovation products with a view of exposing commercialisation potential to entrepreneurs.
The activities include presentations from different STEM researchers and innovators, panel discussions around topical STEM and economy issues, Science and Mathematics circuses, Hackathon by a range of youth ages endeavouring to develop solutions to real life issues and exhibits in the form of Virtual tours of different STEM oriented institutions, Indigenous Knowledge Systems and their imbedded values.
The official opening schedule on the 7th September 2021
The main schedule for the week from 6th to the 10th September
The attached link will direct you to the Activities of the week
Download invitation card here
Click here to join the event